Acne and scarring is a challenging but common skin condition that affects up to 1 in 5 Australian men and women. Acne begins to affect sufferers during their teenage years and in some cases, carries on to adult acne.
On this page, you will learn what acne is and the range of treatments we use to manage your specific type of acne or acne scars. For more information or to arrange a skin analysis please call our friendly team on (03) 9331 2566.
What is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition that can affect men and women from puberty through adulthood. Greasy secretions start from the skins oil glands, which block the hair follicles leading to inflamed, red skin. Some contributing factors may include; stress, poor diet and hormonal changes.
How to Treat Acne and Acne Scarring
The exact cause of acne can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint, which means in some cases multiple treatments or a combination of treatments are required to achieve the best results.
There are several self-help treatments that may increase the chances of improvements in your skin when paired with one of our tailored treatment plans, these include;
- Cleansing – use cleansers suited to your skins needs but do not over wash your face as this can lead to irritations such as dryness and may make your acne worse.
- Makeup – Try and use natural, chemical and oil-free where possible and always remove makeup before you go to bed. Regularly wash your make up brushes.
- Don’t squeeze – this can lead to scaring and spread bacteria which will only make the breakouts worse.
- Diet – research suggests diet can affect your skin. Maintaining a healthy, balanced diet and regular exercise can reduce inflammations.
At Appearance Clinic Australia, our goal is to achieve the best possible result for all our clients. In most cases, this entails tailoring a treatment plan that will work best for each individual. Once our specialists have assessed your individual needs, an acne management plan can be prescribed, often containing one or a combination of the following, high-quality treatments;
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid Peel (AHA) – These peels cleanse your face and remove dead and damaged skin. The AHA peel has an antibacterial effect and stimulates cell regeneration, assisting your skin to repair and rejuvenate.
- Laser Genesis – is used to reduce pore size. Minimizing pore size helps to reduce congestion that leads to bacteria and hence breakouts.
- Retinoids – skincare helps to reduce sebum production. Sebum is the oily substance that your skin produces to protect and moisture itself. Breakouts are the result of clogged pores due to excess sebum.
- Topical Skin Treatments – Topical treatments will be tailored to your individual skin requirements and can be very effective in treating mild acne. For moderate to severe acne, these products can be used in conjunction with other treatments in order to achieve the best results possible.
Book your Free Acne Analysis and Treatment Consultation
To speak with our specialists and ensure you are on the correct skin treatment plan, Appearance Clinic Australia offers a complementary acne analysis and consultation. During your analysis, we can discuss any questions or concerns you may have and personalise a treatment plan for you.
To book your free analysis and consultation with our expert team call (03) 9331 2566 or book below.